[uf-discuss] Microformats UI in Firefox 3

Alex Faaborg faaborg at mozilla.com
Tue Aug 28 07:31:40 PDT 2007

Perhaps instead of new classes and protocols, we could just do this
completely in javascript.  Here is a general example, probably all
the function names would end up being different:

,
,
   <script type="text/javascript">
  	if (navigator.microformatAware("hCard")){
   	document.write("<a href='#' onclick='navigator.sendToAddressBook
('hcard-Alex-Faaborg')'>Add to Address Book</a>");
   	document.write(", ")
   	document.write("<a href='#' onclick='navigator.sendToMap('hcard-
Alex-Faaborg')'>Send to Map</a>");
   	}
   </script>

> It seems you'll still need a way for the browser to inject UI for
> actions the content creator didn't foresee.

We can include these actions on context menus, and in the browser UI
(similar to Operator's interface).  However, I'm not sure content
creators would be too happy with Firefox modifying their pages by
literally injecting UI.

-Alex