[uf-discuss] Need for plain-language intros for each microformat

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Aug 29 05:05:45 PDT 2007

I have, not for the first time, been told by an "advocacy" correspondent
that they have read pages on the wiki, such as
http://microformats.org/wiki/hCard and
http://microformats.org/wiki/hCalendar, and are none-the-wiser as to what
microformats in general, and the specific microformats concerned, are.

I think it's time we moved the specs to *-spec or *-specification, and
used the "root" page for each microformat, such as the above, for a
plain-language introduction, taking care to avoid jargon as much as
possible.

This should be completed before the previously-discussed watershed caused
by the upcoming support for microformats in Firefox 3:
	<http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2007-August/010433.html>

I would be inclined to model them, loosely, on these page on Wikipedia:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hcard>

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/_%28microformat%29>

--
Andy Mabbett