[uf-discuss] Need for plain-language intros for each microformat

Ciaran McNulty mail at ciaranmcnulty.com
Wed Aug 29 08:51:22 PDT 2007

On 8/29/07, Brian Suda <brian.suda at gmail.com> wrote:
> --- moving the specs would break links from all over the web and in
> dead tree books that say "you can view the hCard spec at ..." Cool
> URIs don't change. It is probably a better idea create new pages about
> each format and point people to those instead and link the specs to
> them.

I agree that moving the specs could be confusing, I'd propose either:

a) Moving the specs to *-specification and having a big clear note at
the top of the 'root' page directing trafic

or, preferably

b) Adding a *-intro page and a small island at the top of the existing
spec pages that says 'This is a specification, for a quick
introduction to * see *-intro' or something a bit more user-friendly.

-Ciaran McNulty