[uf-discuss] Need for plain-language intros for each microformat

John Allsopp john at westciv.com
Thu Aug 30 21:28:07 PDT 2007

Andy et. Al.

> I have, not for the first time, been told by an "advocacy"
> correspondent
> that they have read pages on the wiki, such as
> http://microformats.org/wiki/hCard and
> http://microformats.org/wiki/hCalendar, and are none-the-wiser as
> to what
> microformats in general, and the specific microformats concerned, are.
>
> I think it's time we moved the specs to *-spec or *-specification, and
> used the "root" page for each microformat, such as the above, for a
> plain-language introduction, taking care to avoid jargon as much as
> possible.

Should people think that is appropriate (and indeed, I think it is
certainly a suggestion well worth considering) I'd be more than happy
to have the content of "know your microformats" be used for, form the
basis of or otherwise be incorporated into such introductory style
pages.

http://microformatique.com/?page_id=59

In fact, that was the motivation for their development (they
constitute an appendix to my microformats book)

thanks

john

John Allsopp

style master :: css editor :: http://westciv.com/style_master