[uf-discuss] Re: Jeremy's inline friend link pattern

Edward O'Connor hober0 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 10:18:50 PST 2007

Jeremy wrote:

> 	I was chatting with <cite class="vcard"><abbr class="fn"
> title="Tantek Çelik"><a class="url" rel="friend met colleague"
>
> So, quick straw poll: does that look a reasonable use of the CITE
> element?

I think it depends on the surrounding text. If the next sentence is "He
made a really interesting point about <a rel='tag'
href='...'>microformats</a> that got me thinking blah blah blah," then I
think <cite> is entirely appropriate. But if you just say that you had
lunch with him and that you ordered the curry, there's not even "a vague
description" (in Scott's words) of what you're citing Tantek about.

--
Edward O'Connor
hober0 at gmail.com

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.