Re: [uf-discuss] Re: ‘XHTML’ references to ‘HTML’

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 08:08:08 PST 2007

Got around to making some of these changes today. Actually not as
many as I'd expected to. The pages with slightly tweaked references
to ‘HTML or XHTML’ are:

[[hcalendar]] M http://microformats.org/wiki?
title=hcalendar&diff=0&oldid=23673 * BenWard * (+5) Making consistant
references to ‘XHTML’ and ‘HTML’ as per uf-discuss thread last week.
[[hcard]] M http://microformats.org/wiki?
title=hcard&diff=0&oldid=23675 * BenWard * (-3) Making consistant
references to ‘XHTML’ and ‘HTML’ as per uf-discuss thread last week.
[[rel-license]] M http://microformats.org/wiki?title=rel-
license&diff=0&oldid=23676 * BenWard * (+6) Making consistent
references to ‘XHTML’ and ‘HTML’ as per uf-discuss thread 2007-11-26
[[geo]] M http://microformats.org/wiki?title=geo&diff=0&oldid=23677 *
BenWard * (+5) Making consistent references to ‘XHTML’ and ‘HTML’ as
per uf-discuss thread 2007-11-26
[[xfolk]] M http://microformats.org/wiki?
title=xfolk&diff=0&oldid=23678 * BenWard * (-1) Making consistent
references to ‘XHTML’ and ‘HTML’ as per uf-discuss thread 2007-11-26
[[adr]] M http://microformats.org/wiki?title=adr&diff=0&oldid=23679 *
BenWard * (+3) Making consistent references to ‘XHTML’ and ‘HTML’ as
per uf-discuss thread 2007-11-26
[[hreview]] M http://microformats.org/wiki?
title=hreview&diff=0&oldid=23680 * BenWard * (-10) Making consistent
references to ‘XHTML’ and ‘HTML’ as per uf-discuss thread 2007-11-26
[[hresume]] M http://microformats.org/wiki?
title=hresume&diff=0&oldid=23681 * BenWard * (+4) Making consistent
references to ‘XHTML’ and ‘HTML’ as per uf-discuss thread 2007-11-26

As per the discussion last week, in the first instance these pages
now refer to both ‘HTML’ and ‘XHTML’ explicitly, and later references
are just ‘HTML’.

The exception to this at the moment is the XOXO spec, which has been
written in a very XHTML-centric way from the outset, and may need to
be reviewed in relation to how it is actually being published on the
web (to see whether we need to accommodate a reality of publishers
putting XOXO in HTML documents, not just XHTML).

I've also not yet update the ‘XHTML Design Principals’ template which
recurs in most of the above pages. Again, that's a very XHTML centric
passage which doesn't accommodate HTML so cleanly and can't be
tweaked with find and replace. Any suggestions on changes to those
passages are appreciated.

Regards,

Ben