[uf-discuss] hMood/hPresence?

Goix Laurent Walter laurentwalter.goix at telecomitalia.it
Thu Feb 1 03:02:28 PST 2007

Ideally we could end up one global Presence protocol, but SIMPLE and XMPP are already competing in different worlds...and their not using the same concepts for moods and activities...
Anyway, the suggestion of using tags for representing mood is the least that we can do, but it's very hard to hook up to semantics and know that "happy" actually means that the blogger felt "happy". Using the href as way of representing semantics is a very loose approach since it means that all should use the same link (that somehow represents a concept semantically), which is quite hard to achieve, if we want some crawler or plugin to parse the 'mood' information. Instead, having a specific microformat would intrinsically add semantics to the word...

walter