[uf-discuss] [hCite] call for examples: language

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 05:42:50 PST 2007

On 2/1/07, Michael McCracken <michael.mccracken at gmail.com> wrote:
> So if the evidence confirms my suspicion that it's really rare to need
> to mark up the language of (for example) the book separately from the
> language of the words in the book's title, then can we just say that
> the language is inferred from the @lang property of the hcite element?
> (And hence, drop the 'language' field from the hCite straw format?)

--- i would agree, that removing the explicit "language" field from
the straw format is a good idea. Maybe make a note that this IS a
value, but is extracted from the @lang attribute. So it is still
present, but in a different way.

The whole hCite is still in development. So i think it is best to
widdle this down to ONLY the very basic fields needed. Then mark-up
real world examples. Then we can itterate and evolve from there. An
explicite language field (IMHO) doesn't make the first-cut since we
have another (already built in way) to encode this sort of data.

Feel free to ammend the wiki as needed.

-brian

--
brian suda