Moderation [was RE: [uf-discuss] Andy Mabbet's moderation]

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Fri Feb 2 10:12:25 PST 2007

On 2/2/07, Joe Andrieu <joe at andrieu.net> wrote:
> I want to be clear here. This is not about a witch hunt or empty
> rebellion. The leadership has NO external checks and balances.  Even the
> most private non-profit organization in the united states (I can't speak
> for other jurisdictions), must hold to certain standards about their
> leadership, their decision making, and directing the actions of the
> group for the benefit of society.  Microformats has none of that.  It
> is, rather, a private club that hasn't done such a good job at
> transparency with its constituency.

I'm certainly sympathetic to the concerns of both sides here, but man,
there's only so many hours in a day to read mailing lists. I really
wish there was a -meta or -governance or -process [1] list where these
discussions took place.

Regards, etc...
David

-- the paragraph describing this doesn't really seem to be what I'm
talking about here though.

--
David Janes
Founder, BlogMatrix