[uf-discuss] XMDP Profile and OpenID

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 13:46:45 PST 2007

On 2/3/07, Sam Sethi <sam.sethi at vecosys.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> below is an extract from my blog header.  I have used the redirect trick to
> have my blog url www.vecosys.com authenticate against my Openid account. It
> got me thinking how could I get my hcard to be part of this process.  The
> simplest is to have my landing page http://samksethi.myopenid.com contain
> microformats which is why I think sites like www.linkedin.com or
> www.jyte.com might work.

---  I agree that microformats are the best way to represent yourself,
you should control you own data. The tricky thing is the transport
layer. Somehow when OpenID send back the token to the site that has
requested the verification it should also pass along this
microformatted data or a pointer to it in some fashion.

i think this is a great idea! you should email this to the OpenID
discuss list as well! I know they are working on OpenID 2.0 and these
sort of things are exactly what they are working on. If we can solve
these problems with existing technologies everyone wins.

-brian

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk