[uf-discuss] hMedia microformat proposal

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 08:05:51 PST 2007

On 2/8/07, Chris Newell <chris.newell at rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> Colleagues,
>
> I would like to propose a microformat to describe media files and media streams. In particular, groups of files or streams which represent the same content but with different encoding formats.
>
> A suitable starting point for this could be Media RSS (http://search.yahoo.com/mrss).

Firstly, we have a new mailing list for new formats:

secondly, i have looked at mrss in the past. (To me) It is just RSS
with a few additional elements. I would suggest that you look into
hAtom and use the built in semantics of HTML and use the
rel="alternative" for the different formats, and then the <a>
element's TYPE attribute to describe the media type. This is done
already in XOXO->OPML with a TYPE attribute of "application/rss"

-brian

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk