[uf-discuss] Authenticity of Authoritative hCard (was: Re: Vote on this: rel="me self" to indicate an authoritative hCard)

NewsAgent 2000grad newsletter at 2000grad.com
Thu Feb 8 08:13:18 PST 2007

Hello,

my name is Henrich C. Poehls, I have been reading the list for quite
some while now, without writing. It has been very interesting to see
that the topic of authoritative hcards led the discussion to the topic
of trust and Digital Signatures.

>> Perhaps we need a "class="pgp-public-key"  property for hCard?
>
> There's already a KEY field in vCard. From RFC2624:
>
>> Type purpose: To specify a public key or authentication certificate
>>    associated with the object that the vCard represents.
>
> I'm sure we could make this work. :D
>
> -ryan
> --
> Ryan King
> ryan at technorati.com

In fact, I already did some work in the direction of Signed
Microformatted Content and thought it might be a good time to start a
discussion about my thoughts. For a Microformats process, however no
real world examples using such a thing like digitally signed content on
webpages exist, yet. But I believe there are some good uses for a
Microformat for Digital Signatures (this might also solve the problem of
MD5 Hashes discussed some time before).

A short overview of a proposed structure can be found on my page [1].
I am happy about comments, maybe here or maybe in the new
microformats-new, to which I just subscribed.

Henrich

[1] http://www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/SVS/personnel/henrich/hsig.php