[uf-discuss] Authenticity of Authoritative hCard

NewsAgent 2000grad newsletter at 2000grad.com
Thu Feb 8 08:22:14 PST 2007

Ryan Cannon said on Date: 02/07/2007 10:39:08 PM +0100
> On Feb 7, 2007, at 3:09 PM, Ryan King wrote:
>>> Perhaps we need a "class="pgp-public-key"  property for hCard?
>>
>> There's already a KEY field in vCard. From RFC2624:
>>
>>> Type purpose: To specify a public key or authentication certificate
>>>    associated with the object that the vCard represents.
>>
>> I'm sure we could make this work. :D
>
> I prefer link[rel=pgpkey] in use since 2004[1].

Hello,

as far as I understood the vcard's key field or rel=pgpkey can be used
to store or link to the key of the person in question.
But it can not be used to actually judge the authenticity of the hcard
itself. For example a digital signature over Microformatted content
could solve that problem quite eleganlty in my opinion.

An example, perhaps a proposal for the new list:
A Microformat for Digital Signatures [1] that allows to digitally sign
other Microformats and itself store the Digital Signature in a
Microformatted way.

I am happy for suggestions.

Cheers,
Henrich C. Poehls