[advocacy] Contacting Blogger (was Re: [uf-discuss] Rel-tag issues...)

Kevin Marks kevinmarks at mac.com
Sun Feb 11 19:08:58 PST 2007

On Feb 8, 2007, at 3:54 AM, Ben Buchanan wrote:

>> The better approach is to lobby the software/server folks to fix
>> their
>> implementation,
>
> Right. On this point, does anyone have a contact at Blogger? Support
> emails do not get individual replies so we need someone to contact a
> real live human.

I have contacts there, yes.

> I mean, sure, I can keep banging away at their support form but their
> email auto-responder just isn't convinced by my polite inquiries. This
> is a big community, surely someone knows someone at Blogger/Google...?
>
> The issue is this:
>
> <a rel='tag' href="http://example.com/labels/testing.html">testing</a>
>
> ...being the new Blogger's version of tagging. The existence of
> rel='tag' suggests a desire to implement rel-tag. The .html suggests
> that all Blogger posts will be indexed as tagterm.html

Can you show me an example of them getting it wrong?

I just republished my son's blog to check:

http://funnystories.blogspot.com/2007/02/stop-motion-with-people.html

  and it correctly used:

<a rel='tag' href="http://funnystories.blogspot.com/search/label/
helmet">helmet</a>