[uf-discuss] VIA or VIA SELF to indicate authoritative hCard[was:UID URL to indicate (relatively) more authoritativehCard(Was:Vote on this: rel="me self" to indicate anauthoritative hCard)]

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Mon Feb 12 03:38:45 PST 2007

On 2/11/07, Ryan Cannon <ryan at ryancannon.com> wrote:
> UID+URL *is* more constraining. Like rel-tag, you're forcing a lot of
> assumptions about the documents *surrounding* these URLs--links have
> to point somewhere after all.
>
> My UID, if you will, is http://ryancannon.com/. I've established it
> across many different sites as the definitive link for "me". By
> forcing UID+URL to be used to establish an hCard's source, you're
> also forcing my most robust hCard must exist at that URL.

Absolutely not. Look at the discussions I've been having with Ryan
King, and in particular, the examples and algorithms applied to same.
Explicitly we use RK's home page as an intermediate pointer link to
another location where the authoritative hCard lives.

Regards, etc...
David

David Janes
Founder, BlogMatrix