[advocacy] Contacting Blogger (was Re: [uf-discuss] Rel-tag issues...)

James Craig jcraig at apple.com
Mon Feb 12 13:25:10 PST 2007

Scott Reynen wrote:

> This may not solve 100% of issues, but I think Blogger could make
> over 90% of plain-old web hosts work with the current rel-tag spec
> by simply uploading tagname/index.html instead of tagname.html and
> then point links to tagname/ (which resolves to index.html on most
> plain-old web hosts).

The simplest solution is usually the best, eh? Good idea. *slaps
forehead*

For the record though, I still think there should be markup-only
fallback, such as putting the tagName in a title attribute.

either
<a rel="tag" href="/search/tag/foo">All uses of FOO</a>
or
<a rel="tag" title="foo" href="/search?tag=foo">All uses of FOO</a>