[advocacy] Contacting Blogger (was Re: [uf-discuss] Rel-tag issues...)

Ben Buchanan microformats at 200ok.com.au
Mon Feb 12 14:27:54 PST 2007

> This may not solve 100% of issues, but I think Blogger could make
> over 90% of plain-old web hosts work with the current rel-tag spec by
> simply uploading tagname/index.html instead of tagname.html and then
> point links to tagname/ (which resolves to index.html on most plain-
> old web hosts).

I'm hoping they switch to the tagname/index.html solution - it seems
logical enough and the only downside would be some more FTP overhead
(which I for one am more than willing to wear). Unless of course
there's something in Blogger's code base which would come into play.

Personally I'd like to see the directory+index.html solution for all
Blogger pages, it'd pave the way to eventually allow other formats
like PHP, for one thing. But anyway, that's off the topic.

cheers,
Ben

--
--- <http://weblog.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not