[uf-discuss] Re: VIA or VIA SELF to indicate authoritativehCard

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Feb 15 16:26:06 PST 2007

On Feb 15, 2007, at 5:14 PM, Edward O'Connor wrote:

> Joe wrote:
>
>> At the moment, the only "market demand" for "related" hCards is in
>> your email.
>
> FWIW, at Eventful we have a clear need for related hCards, a need
> which
> is currently well-served by URL+UID. So there is some market demand.

But do you need related hCards other than authoritative hCards?  Are
you identifying any relationships that are not derivative-
authoritative (e.g fragment-full) hCard relationships?  If so, what
are the other relationships?

I don't think anyone is really questioning the need for
relationships.  The question is whether relationships in *general*
have any value outside of the *specific* authoritative relationships
in the use case that began this thread.  We're trying to avoid
boiling the ocean just to get some tea.  If we can restrict the
problem to a very specific type of relationship and still cover 80%
of use cases, we should do that.

Peace,
Scott