[uf-discuss] Training events in hResume

Rob Crowther robertc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 09:15:10 PST 2007

On 16/02/07, Pat Ramsey <ramsey.pat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Both training and education are experiences that
> people enter with the goal of learning something once they've
> completed them.

I don't think that's necessarily true - you're required by law to go
to school until the age of 16 in the UK, my personal experience was
that a significant proportion of my peers were not at school with the
goal of learning anything.  Many people attempt to achieve
qualifications through 'gaming' the examinations rather than by
learning the material - ie. their goal is to gain the
qualification/certification, not to learn something.  I don't think it
matters as far as this is concerned, I just don't think you can unify
education and training with that blanket assertion.

> Maybe using "type" is a way to meet existing traditional differences
> while allowing for changes in the education/training environment?

I think that's a good idea, though we should probably use title as
type doesn't seem to be a valid attribute on anything other than
links? So we could have:

Any reason why this wouldn't work?

Rob