[uf-discuss] hCard and vCard agents

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 07:30:05 PST 2007

On 2/19/07, Steve Marshall <steve at nascentguruism.com> wrote:
> On another mailing list, someone was asking how best to provide hCards
> for a company and its agents without having to replicate the company's
> data to each hCard.

--- do you have a link to that discussion?

> As I've kinda hinted, this is achieved in vCard by embedding
> sub-vCards as 'agents', as detailed in the vCard profile[1] in §3.5.4.
> Is there any issue with including this in hCard (or is it already: I
> couldn't see it referenced anywhere on the wiki)?

--- it has not been developed yet for hCard for several reasons. No
one on the internet seems to be publishing data in this way. Secondly,
i'm not sure if/how current address book application import/display
this data?

The other downside is that if you embed an hCard as an agent, how do
you then just pull out that person's data independantly of the
company?

I think the include pattern is the best way to associate a person's
information with the companies.

-brian

--
brian suda