[uf-discuss] [hcite] date-published

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 13:53:54 PST 2007

On 2/20/07, Michael McCracken <michael.mccracken at gmail.com> wrote:
> A quick scan through the markup examples we have confirms my
> impression that most examples from the web are equally vague about
> what the dates they show mean. Our condensed summaries on -examples
> often describe them as date-published, but it's not always clear in
> the original whether it's published/copyrighted/submitted/etc.

--- then we should go back through the examples and try to figure out
what each 'date' really is. Having a field called 'date' (IMHO) is as
useful as having a property called 'string' the semantics behind that
are not very useful.

I think i understand why you would want to be vauge about 'date', but
the problem then becomes, what does that map to in various formats?
and what if a format has both 'published' and 'created' dates what
does class="date" mean?

-brain

--
brian suda