[uf-discuss] OpenID

Christopher St John ckstjohn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 19:00:03 PST 2007

On 2/20/07, anders conbere <aconbere at gmail.com> wrote:
> It derives it's meaning and value from the use of the global
> DNS system, regardless if you're actually looking to direct
> traffic to your openID or not, it's the nature of it being an
> anchor that gives it power.

Check out the 2.0 spec. There are some changes:

  http://openid.net/specs/openid-authentication-2_0-11.html

It introduces XRI into the mix (think brand new, non-DNS
naming system) Wouldn't expect it to work so well in an <a>
I take an "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof"
approach to new internet-scale naming systems, and remain
something of a skeptic. Certainly 2.0 is no longer paving the
cow paths. YMMV, etc.

-cks

--
Christopher St. John