[uf-discuss] User Groups

Thom Shannon thom at ts0.com
Thu Feb 22 13:20:27 PST 2007

I'm talking about regional user groups, like clubs. Where people meet
regularly and they tend to focus on certain technologies or interest
areas. It can be pretty difficult to find out whats in your own area
though because everyone does it slightly differently, a lot of people
are starting to use event sites like upcoming, many of which use
microformats.

I want to try and promote microformats to these groups though, and
hopefully get people to ping pingerati so we can use it to search for
events. I guess I've got the idea pretty well formed in my head now,
just need to start pushing it.