[uf-discuss] adr should be <address>

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sun Feb 25 19:13:01 PST 2007

(below thread(s) kept only for context)

Two Q&A, and two suggested improved behaviors.

Suggested improvements:

1. Before asking a question on a microformats list, read the relevant
FAQs[1].

2. When answering a question on a microformats list:
  a) please check the relevant FAQs first, and if the answer is not there,
document the question and your answer there.
  b) please cite the FAQ answer rather than writing an answer in email.

I have added these to the mailing-lists page:

Following #2 gives the following:

Q&A:

1) James Craig: Isn't <address> the most appropriate element for addresses?

See: http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-faq#Should_I_use_ADDRESS_for_hCards

2) Thom Shannon: The documentation using only divs and spans, so people
don't get confused and think that the element types matter. Obviously people
should use the most suitable elements in the context they're using them. But
I think this should be made much clearer in the wiki.

See: http://microformats.org/wiki/faq#.3Cdiv.3E_and_.3Cspan.3E_semantics

Thanks,

Tantek

[1] Relevant FAQs
1. Start with the general microformats faq: http://microformats.org/wiki/faq
2. Then read specific microformats faqs, e.g. for adr, see hCard FAQ as the
spec points to: http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-faq