[uf-discuss] rel="tag"

Nick Peters strategicpause at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 15:10:56 PST 2007

Seeing the tag implementation on Operator has made me question the
existing tagging standard.  With wordpress you may get something like
"?cat=13" for a tag or something that may not even be the intended tag
at all.  After doing some research on the wiki I see that the
rel="tag" microformat is based off of existing defacto standards
(implemented by sites such as del.icio.us and flickr).  I still don't
see why the standard extracts the tag from the last part of the URL
instead of the information inside the anchor tag.  When I see a tag
and click on it, I expect the visible content, not what's appended to
the end of a URL.  Anyone care to shed some light on this for me?
-Nick