[uf-discuss] Splitting the FAQ?

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Jan 3 15:50:45 PST 2007

In message <C1C176DB.843D3%tantek at cs.stanford.edu>, Tantek Çelik
<tantek at cs.stanford.edu> writes

>>> I don't see any reason for splitting this.  What is the problem and
>>> why does it need to be split?  How would splitting solve that problem?
>>> It looks great to me as-is.
>>
>> 1) please don't top post, per
>> <http://microformats.org/mailinglists-policies/>
>>
>> 2) The answer to your first two, tautological, questions (and by
>> implication your last) is contained in my post, Please (re)read it.

>Wasting list time with organization/bureaucratic issues is both not-ok
>and undesirable.

Since I'm not doing that, it's another straw-man.

>Please refrain from sending organizational/bureaucratic/meta questions
>to the mailing list, and from performing wiki-(re)-organization

Is this a request, or an instruction?

>as at this point it is wasting enough time of other people to clean-up
>your unilateral edits as to be tax on the community.

My "unilateral edits"? How are my edits different from any other
editor's? Not to mention that the very post to which you reply is about
me asking the community how it wants pages to be edited!

>Put another way, please refocus your efforts on actual substantiative
>microformats contributions and not meta-discussions/efforts.

Again, a request or an instruction?

--
Andy Mabbett
            *  Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>