[uf-discuss] rel="nsfw"

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Jan 3 16:09:43 PST 2007

In message <459AE55A.8920.27C3BC6 at bjonkman.sobac.com>, Bob Jonkman
quoted PJ Doland:

>If people have to categorize HOW something might be considered NSFW
>(nudity, language, violence, nudity & language, etc.) it's going to
>make them less likely to use the standard in practice.

That's supposition, presented as fact.

>As I've said earlier, I think PICS and ICRA failed because of their
>complexity.

That, too, is no more than an opinion; it's my opinion that they failed
because only highly-complex, finley-granular categiorisation can succeed
(though I can of course see that that brings with it other problems).

[...]
>Adoption of this as a general standard could be VERY helpful for wider
>adoption of microformats as a whole
[...]

and that's hyperbole, with no apparent justification.

--
Andy Mabbett
            *  Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>