[uf-discuss] Receipt Microformat

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 08:31:45 PST 2007

On 05/01/07, Martin Owens <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi Martin! :)

> I propose the following microformat for describing an online purchase
> receipt, allowing collecting into accountancy software and general
> receipt collectors (depending on complexity and requirements):
>
> [hReceipt]
> Transaction ID
> Order Number
> Date
> TotalCost
> BillingAddress [hCard]
> Packages [hPackage]
>
> [hPackage]
> DeliveryAddress [hCard]
> DeliveryCost
> Purchases [hPurchase]
>
> [hPurchase]
> ProductSku
> ProductName
> Cost
>
> The kinds of complexities to appear are to do with taxes, special
> offers and discounts; but I'd rather make a start and expand with what
> is the best direction to take.
>
> Best Regards, Martin Owens

Before starting to spec up a possible microformat you should follow
the process.  Basically, a series of research jobs and documentation
of what's already out there needs to happen.  That way, once you've
gone through all of that, you know that a) the microformat is actually
a valid one and will solve a problem and b) accurate!

Take a look at this:

http://microformats.org/wiki/process

Frances Berriman
http://fberriman.com