[uf-discuss] Operator: Microformat detection for Firefox 2

Ryan Cannon ryan at ryancannon.com
Fri Jan 5 10:04:16 PST 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 10:28 AM, Brian Suda wrote:
>> Can you think of other contextual behaviors that could be useful?
>
> With GEO you can use APIs from other sources such as geoURL and/or
> Flickr, so if i find an hCa* with a GEO i can find other "interesting"
> things with-in (5-10-15 miles/kilometers). [not as useful as the
> callto, but interesting]

As an avid geocacher[1], I like to be aware whenever there's geocaches
near a place I'm going to visit. This usually is a tedious process, but
GEO + Web Services could make it omnipresent in my Web experience.

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching

On the topic of Operator, version 0.6.1 isn't working for me at all in
Firefox 2.0.0.1/OS X. Anyone else having this problem? I even
double-checked it on the ocono.com page used in the demo screenshot.

--
Ryan Cannon

Interactive Developer
MSI Student, School of Information