[uf-discuss] Authoritative hCards [was RE: Canonical hCards (was:Search on CSS element)]

Joe Andrieu joe at andrieu.net
Wed Jan 24 07:35:00 PST 2007

Scott Reynen wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2007, at 8:46 PM, Joe Andrieu wrote:
> > Working through this leads me to think that an hCard that exists at
> > its
> > self-referenced URI should be considered "authoritative."
>
> My concern about this is that many publishers (myself included) try
> to avoid linking a page to itself due to usability concerns, e.g. "I
> just clicked on that link and didn't go anywhere.  This site
> is broken."

Scott,

That makes sense.  But if I am on the page that is hosting my hCard, how
do I indicate that this URL is the URI for the hCard?

Wouldn't you just use a <span
class="url">http://www.switchbook.com</span> instead of an <a>?

That would still get picked up by the parsers as self-referential,
wouldn't it?

-j

--
Joe Andrieu