[uf-discuss] hMood/hPresence?

Goix Laurent Walter laurentwalter.goix at telecomitalia.it
Mon Jan 29 04:22:31 PST 2007

Russ, thanks for the pointer!...it seems that ideas fly quite quickly
between Australia and italy ;-)
Your motivations for hMood are namely the same as mine: about semantic
self-expression in blogs [1], improved understanding/readability
(similar to what a smiley could provide...BTW, should we go for a smiley
microformat? ;-)), as well as statistics for example.
Mood values defined in RFC4480 [2] could be a good starting point...

>From a telco2.0 perspective we're trying to merge as much as we can with
Web2.0 and Microformats are one way of doing it for interfacing to web
content, both for producing and retrieving information.

Mood is widely used in communication systems (IM, Presence, etc) but is
one of the most difficult information to produce/retrieve. Adding such
info to blogs could be an additional source of information to integrate
in Presence, or vice-versa...

Personally i don't restrict Microformats as simple "problem-solvers",
but do envision them as *the* most efficient way of adding semantics to
web content from a practical, yet straightforward manner.

walter

[1] http://ilps.science.uva.nl/MoodViews/About/
[2] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4480.txt