[uf-discuss] WikiProject Microformats

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 06:56:33 PST 2007

On 29 Jan 2007, at 13:45, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
> "How" is a microformat added to a wiki page's markup?

The MediaWiki software allows you to directly type in HTML as well as
using the Wiki shorthand language. It also has a reusable templating
system, allowing you to enter data into more complex templates in a
key-value kind of syntax.

However, in most default installs of MediaWiki I've seen, the ABBR
tag is stripped out. I expect that's just a setting to be enabled.

Ben