[uf-discuss] Authenticity of Authoritative hCard (was: Re: Vote on this: rel="me self" to indicate an authoritative hCard)

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Jan 31 08:15:47 PST 2007

On Jan 31, 2007, at 9:18 AM, David Janes wrote:

> Open ID spells this out up front: authentication is not trust [1].

Nonetheless, people are trying to build trust systems on top of Open ID:

http://simonwillison.net/2007/Jan/22/whitelisting/

This is another topic entirely, but it occurs to me that adding
something like rel="trust" to the linked names in moderated comments
would remove the need for a separate whitelist.

Peace,
Scott