Vote on this: rel="me self" to indicate an authoritative hCard {was: Re: [uf-discuss] Authoritative hCards [was RE: Canonical hCards (was: Search on CSS element)]}

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Wed Jan 31 09:13:23 PST 2007

On 31 Jan 2007, at 16:15, Ryan Cannon wrote:
> It's definition is "A link to yourself at a
> different URL"[1].

Correct. Which is still valid in the rel="me self" case.

> According to the spec, rel="self me" is invalid *unless*
> you do not include the XFN profile on your Web site.

Sorry, I've got muddled here. According to which spec? Are you
referring to the “Exclusive of all other XFN values” part of the
@rel=me spec [1]? That's also maintained, as @rel=self is not part of
XFN, but (propositionally) of hcard.

[1]  http://www.gmpg.org/xfn/11#me

Ben