[uf-discuss] hMood/hPresence?

Sam Sethi sam.sethi at vecosys.com
Wed Jan 31 09:26:04 PST 2007

Hi

Just wondering does presence and mood really apply to a microformat?  What I
want is federated presence across applications and devices. Set once show
everywhere. (SOSE) Today I have to multiple presence, mood and status
appliations. E.g Last.fm shows my current music in Skype. I also have
Twitter, Gmail, Live Messenger, Out of Office, VXMail, Skype status etc etc.
All of which are disconnected ...

Personally I hope XMPP becomes the interoperable standard for presence and
then we an build apps on top of this? Twitter, Gmail and Joost are all using
XMPP and this potentially will allow me to set my presence, mood and status
in one app and have it ripple through to the others.

Thanks in advance

Sam Sethi  | Entrepologist | blog: vecosys | skype: samksethi  | This email
is:   [ ] bloggable    [ ] ask first   [X] private |