Vote on this: rel="me self" to indicate an authoritative hCard {was: Re: [uf-discuss] Authoritative hCards [was RE: Canonical hCards (was: Search on CSS element)]}

Ara Pehlivanian ara.pehlivanian at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 10:02:05 PST 2007

On 1/31/07, Ben Ward <lists at ben-ward.co.uk> wrote:
> The authoratitive hcard will also contain @rel="me". Firstly, to
> fulfil XFN it must link back to the linking resource and as a full
> hCard it will still contain URLs with @rel="me" pointing to the other
> sites I own.

Hang on, linking /back/ to the referring hCard would be unmanageable
for several reasons, not the least of which that you may not even be
aware of all the hCards linking ot you. As well as the fact that you
might have a hundred reciprocal links as a part of your authoritative
hCard. That makes no sense.

Okay, that @rel="self" part makes sense.