[uf-discuss] definitive hCard on a page

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:10:29 PDT 2007

Hello,

On 7/4/07, Frances Berriman <fberriman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/07/07, Thom Shannon <thom at ts0.com> wrote:
> > What would be the way to markup a hCard as being the definitive hCard on
> > a page. For example the page owner or author. My blog has hCards of
> > friends and commenters, as well as my own. But I'd like a programmatic
> > way to identify mine, mainly to access information about me at my openid.
>
> The <address> element is for signifying the page author.  This'd
> probably suit what you're looking for (<address class="vcard"> etc.).

It's my understanding that you can have more than one <address>
element on a web page.

It's my understanding that the <address> marks the author of the page
or a major section of the page.

For example... if you had a BBS... then each post could be "signed"
using the <address> element.

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc. <http://ChangeLog.ca/>