[uf-discuss] definitive hCard on a page

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Jul 5 20:41:04 PDT 2007

This is what Kevin Marks <microformats-discuss at microformats.org> said
about "Re: [uf-discuss] definitive hCard on a page" on 4 Jul 2007 at 23:47

> The other hCard property that is useful here is "uid" - if you do a

>    <a class="url fn uid" href="http://pelle.vox.nu/" rel="me">Pelle
> Wessman</a> </div>
>
> on the page http://pelle.vox.nu that is asserting that the page is a
> unique id and thus definitive for Pelle.
>
> You can of course use "uid" to assert the definitiveness of another
> hCard's url, but one pointing to the current page is clearly self-
> consistent.

What if publish an hcard with a "uid" for somene else?  To use a previous example, on my Beatles fan site I might want
to declare one page for Paul McCartney.  Obviously my page isn't authoritative for Paul McCartney's contact
information, but how can a parser (or human) know that?

--Bob.

Networking   --   Office & Business Automation   --   Consulting
PGP:0xAE33E989 Fingrprnt:9FAF A6AC B567 BC10 8973 7CF0 CB27 0317