[uf-discuss] a question about concatenation and hAtom entry content

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Sat Jun 2 09:05:21 PDT 2007

On 6/2/07, Ben Wiley Sittler <bsittler at gmail.com> wrote:

> why not do this for the entry title, too? accroding to the atom spec,
> this can contain markup too (and in my experience, often does.)

entry-title _does_ include the HTML -- it's just markup on a DOM node;
there is nothing in the spec that says it doesn't. Whether one wants
to use this or not is up to the parser. I hasten to add that there's
reason I can see for including the DOM node where "entry-title" is
indicated, since concatenation is not an issue.

Regards, etc...

--
David Janes
Founder, BlogMatrix