[uf-discuss] hAtom 0.2 (was: a question about concatenation...)

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Sat Jun 2 09:11:00 PDT 2007

On 6/1/07, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
> On Jun 1, 2007, at 10:59 AM, David Janes wrote:
> > I concur. Time to start ramping up for hAtom 0.2, if I can get some
> > blocks of free time.
>
> I'm more than willing to help. I have time to spend on it right now.
> I'll work on collecting issues to deal with.

Excellent. Brian indicated some willingness a while ago to help with this too.

As a starting point, may I _suggest_ that we restrict hAtom 0.2 to
_not_ adding new fields, unless they're already documented
microformats. This still gives a fair amount of scope: how does
rel-tag, rel-encloure working, better defaulting rules, loosening
restrictions / defining defaults for required fields such as updated
and author.... I think we have a reasonable amount of practical
experience to draw upon now.

If we do want to add new fields, they should be appropriated
documented in the -examples.

Regards, etc...

--
David Janes