[uf-discuss] hCalendar problem with Operator...

David Mead davidjohnmead at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 08:02:32 PDT 2007

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem.

We are marking up events for a new client site using hCalendar.  While
testing in Firefox 2 with the Tails Export 0.3.2 and Operator 0.7
add-ons we noticed that Tails Export would drop the event info into
Outlook fine but when we tried with Operator it wouldn't.  Outlook
claimed "one or more parameter values are not valid".

Thinking it was us hand-coding it incorrectly we tried using Drew
Mclellan's Dreamweaver extension but still the same thing.  So then we
tried the hCalendar creator on microformats.org - no dice!

I then went to upcoming.org to look at an event there and try and find
something that was causing it to bomb (I had used Operator previously
at upcoming.org).

It seems the problem was in the title of the <abbr> tag. We tweaked
the code by hand and added two zeros to the end of the time:

*  was - 20070612T1700
* now - 20070612T170000

Is this a problem with the hCalendar creators, the Operator add-on or
us not "getting it"?

Any insight appreciated.

Dave