[uf-discuss] "abbr" and accessibility - a work around.

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Jun 27 08:05:19 PDT 2007

In message <20070627154108.2bqebucp1c4g0wos at www.splintered.co.uk>,
Patrick H. Lauke <redux at splintered.co.uk> writes

>Quoting Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk>:
>
>> You can doubt all you like, but the evidence is still there ;-)
>>
>> Flickr and Wikipedia are two prominent examples.
>
>Tellingly, Flickr hides that stuff by default.

Nope. Pages such as:

        <http://flickr.com/photos/stevenhorner/612098574/>

have coordinates exposed by default - look at the tags. They currently
have:

        "250,911 results for photos matching geo:lon"

>Wikipedia, being user  generated, isn't always a beacon of best
>practice for usability and  good web design, I'd say...

Perhaps, but then we were discussing what people want to do, and what
people do, not whether they do it well.

--
Andy Mabbett