[uf-discuss] microformats for normal people, like my mum

Thom Shannon thom at ts0.com
Thu Jun 28 03:59:07 PDT 2007

I just think it would be good to bring these handy microformat driven
functions under a banner that isn't confused by the other things
microformats do. The idea of pulling these bits of data out of a page
and using them elsewhere is one of many features of microformats and
something that people would use every day. A logo that could sit next to
the feed icon would be perfect, and a simple name so everyone
understands what they are, and can promote them.

I want to be able to sell this to my clients, I want to show them this
cool thing supported by the next generation of browsers that they can
have in their websites too.