[uf-discuss] hCard to vCard via JavaScript

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 08:25:20 PDT 2007

On 25 Jun 2007, at 18:55, Rickards, Julian (NDM) wrote:
> Although the two Web-based solutions are great, for anyone behind a
> firewall, it might not work so a local JS solution may be the way
> to go.

http://leftlogic.com/lounge/articles/microformats_bookmarklet

As far as I remember, this bookmarklet uses pure JavaScript for the
conversion between h and v, and then generates the output vcard or
icalendar download as a data:// URI. The limitation is that Microsoft
IE does not support data URIs, but Webkit, Mozilla and Opera do.
Potentially you could write script that would do it in-page where
available and otherwise fall back to a Technorati URL.

Ben