[uf-discuss] microformats for normal people, like my mum

Alex Faaborg faaborg at mozilla.com
Thu Jun 28 19:41:27 PDT 2007

> Off topic slightly: given that FF3 will (may?) have native support for
> microformats, will Thunderbird?

The thunderbird developers have been asking about microformats, so
they are definitely looking into it.  Previous discussions have been
about hCard, but other formats could of course be sent in HTML emails
as well.  Mozilla is adding microformat detection to our rendering
engine, so any Gecko-based Web browser will be able to leverage our
microformat parsing (Camino, Flock, etc.)

-Alex