[uf-discuss] Scraping or parsing?

Michael MD mdagn at spraci.com
Mon Mar 5 11:53:40 PST 2007

>Users should *not* be
> encouraged
> to publish HTML markup they cannot read.

That been happening out there in the real world with html for years with
wysiwyg editors!
... and the fact that some of them generate bad or bloated markup is not
going to stop the masses from using them.

Personally I think it would be nice to see authoring tools for microformats
built into wysiwyg editors
.... I'm sure its coming soon...

- I even had a go last year at modifying a javascript-based html editor to
auto-detect hcards and vevents and allow authoring and editing of them with
simple forms but decided I needed to learn to optimize javascript better
first (it was way too slow!) ... anything designed for "the masses" to use
must be fast enough to for an impatient person on an old slow machine!