[uf-discuss] Re: "Well-known" URLs

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 20:26:25 PST 2007

Andy Mabbett wrote:
> http://exmaple.com/delorie.htm
> (see
> <http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.
cheese.com>)

I read the info about it I found while googling but I'm not sure I'm clear.
Is it saying that Opera will look for a page called "/delorie.htm" on the
current domain?

> http://exmaple.com/opensearch.xml

Thanks.  I knew about that one too.  Not sure why I didn't think of it
earlier.

> >http://mysite.foo/
>
> Please use "http://example.com" for example URLs - it's
> specifically reserved for that purpose.

I was not aware of [1], as evidenced by my proactive use of mysite.foo [2].
Still, one problem with using example.{tld} is it makes it confusing when
your example uses two sites, i.e. mysite.foo vs yoursite.foo is clearer than
example.com vs. example.net.

BTW, is http://exmaple.com also reserved too? ;-)

--
-Mike Schinkel