[uf-discuss] "authoritative hCards", a simpler proposl

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 22:20:52 PST 2007

Scott Reynen wrote:
> I think you're still a bit confused about what was
> suggested.

Indeed I was confused. I could have sworn I saw some kind of usage that
tagged a GUID on the end of a URL, which is what confused me, but I can't
seem to find that email in my folders so, not important. Thanks for the
clarification.

> Many UIDs happen to be random strings of numbers and/or
> letters, but that's not at all a requirement for UIDs.

And I hope, something that would be frowned on!

> So the proposal was just to add the UID class name to the
> URL class name, e.g. <a class="url uid" href="http://
> theryanking.com/blog/contact/#vcard">Ryan King</a>, not
> to add anything to the actual URL.

Cool!

--
-Mike Schinkel