[uf-discuss] Microformat tools bogosity test

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Tue Mar 6 08:46:55 PST 2007

On Mar 6, 2007, at 10:09 AM, Kevin Marks wrote:

> Let me clarify that - Danny's 'ceci n'est pas une pipe' example is
> clearly not 80%.

I think 80% is irrelevant here because it's not even the same
problem.  Profile URIs solve the problem of ambiguous assertions.
They do not solve the problem of false assertions.  It doesn't matter
whether or not false assertions is an "80%" problem.  Profile URIs
simply don't solve that problem.  This is the kind of unfocused
discussion we can easily avoid by starting with the *problem* rather
than the solution, i.e. following the process:

http://microformats.org/wiki/process

We seem to be at the "iterate" stage now with the ambiguity problem,
and this would be a good time to document the problem with real-world
examples, which apparently didn't happen the first time through.
When we can all look at the same real-world examples, it will be
easier to stay focused on finding the best solution.

Peace,
Scott