[uf-discuss] include pattern : including table data

Paul Wilkins pmw57 at xtra.co.nz
Thu Mar 15 12:25:17 PST 2007

From: "Alwin Blok" <alwinblok at gmail.com>
> I have a question about the include pattern:
> anchor elements are not allowed in all elements: ie using an anchor
> element to include extra table data (rows) will result in invalid  xhtml.
>
> I suppose we could work around this by using the title attribute  along
> with the class="include" on almost all elements.
> valid.
>
> The title attribute set too "#an_id", however does not indicate a
> reference to an other element, which is a problem. Any thoughts/
> suggestions ?

The include pattern is not going to change how information is presented on
the screen.
The purpose of the include pattern is to allow you to reuse microformat
information that's already on the page. The only effect that the include
pattern has is on parsers looking through the page for microformat
information.

For example, if you have information that an hcard could use, then later on
in the page you have address details for them, their first hcard information
can be reused (when microformat info is extracted) without having to
redisplay that info on the page again.

... other stuff ...
live is <span class="adr"><span class="street-address">123 Evergreen
Terrace</span>.</div>

If you can provide an example of what you're wanting to display on the page,
we can then help with examples of how to effectively mark it up as a
microformat.

--
Paul Wilkins